Click on the blue marker in the map below, then click on "Directions" and type in your address to get instant directions to the Multicultural Arts Center!
USING YOUR CAR'S GPS NAVIGATION?
We recommend using the street name of "2nd" St. instead of the word "Second". Navigation systems seem to have an easier time locating us at 2nd Street.
The East Cambridge Parking Garage - CASH ONLY - (more info) is entered off Spring Street, between First & Second Streets, one block away from us, and open 24/7.
(There is also limited metered parking in the area.)
1 hr or less: $2.00
Over 1 hour, $2.00 each hour
Thereafter, $2.00/each hour
10-24 hours = $20.00
Night & Weekend rate: (weeknights = after 4pm)
1 hour or less: $2.00
2 hour or less: $4.00
Over 2 to 24 hours: $5.00
DIRECTIONS BY CAR:
1) Take Storrow Drive, keep right and do not enter the tunnel to your left.
2) Stay in the left lane after you pass the tunnel's entrance.
3) Follow signs for 28 North
4) You will pass the Museum of Science on your left.
5) Stay to the left of the fork in the road, do not bear right toward Monignor O'Brien Highway.
6) Turn left at the next set of lights onto Second Street.
7) Our entrance (41 Second Street) is located 1 block down on the right.
From I-90 (Mass. Pike) East/West:
1) Take exit 18 "Cambridge". Stay in the right lane. Following the signs for "Cambridge".
2) Go through the first set of lights. Take a right at the second set of lights onto Storrow Drive toward Boston (Double Tree Suites will be on the right at this intersection.)
3) Follow the directions "From Storrow Drive" below.
From Storrow Drive (eastbound):
1) Follow the exit signs for Government Center.
2) Follow the signs for Cambridge and go under the Red Line going around the rotary and over the Longfellow Bridge. (note: follow signs, due to the fact that the Longfellow Bridge is currently under construction)
3) Turn right at the first set of lights onto Third Street. The Marriott Hotel is ahead.
4) Take Third Street to Thorndike, just past the Middlesex County Courthouse (high rise building) and turn right.
5) We are located 1 block down on the left at 41 Second Street.
From Memorial Drive (Rt.3 and 2A) East Bound:
(keep the river on your right at all times)
1) Travel east on Memorial Drive past MA Ave. exit and MIT. Move to the right lanes after passing MIT. Follow sings to Cambridge/Edwin Land Boulevard. DO NOT exit left to "Government Center."
2) The road veers out over the river and under the Longfellow Bridge and Red Line. At the first set of lights take a left. Sign says Kendall Square/Cinema/Parking.
3) Take the first right onto First Street.
4) Take a left onto Spring Street off of First Street just past Best Buy and Galleria Mall on the right.
5) The next cross street is Second Street. We are one block to the right at 41 Second Street.
6) A parking garage is on Spring Street between First and Second Streets.
Green Line Trolley to Lechmere
We are located just two blocks from the Green line Lechmere MBTA Station. Head right out of the station, and take your first left onto Second Street. Our building is just one block away on your right.
Alternative Subway Routes are:
(Approximately 15 minute walk) Take the Orange Line to Community College T Stop in Charlestown. Take a right out of the station and then another right onto the bridge towards Cambridge and The Royal Sonesta Hotel sign. Exit the station and walk across bridge. Cross the Msgr. O'Brien intersection taking a right onto Cambridge St towards the Lechmere MBTA station. Take a left onto Second St and walk for about two blocks until you reach our entrance.
(Approximately 15-20 minute walk) Take the Red Line to Kendall Square T Stop. Exit at the Marriott Hotel and go behind the hotel to Third Street (main intersection). Walk down Third Street until you get to Thorndike Street at the old "new" Middlsex County Court House. Turn right onto Thorndike and left onto Second Street. Our entrance is on your left. Look for our Banner.
1) From Harvard Square, Cambridge, take the #69 bus down Cambridge Street toward Lechmere.
2) Get off at Lechmere.
3) Walk one and a half blocks on Cambridge St away from Boston.
4) Take a left onto Second Street.
5) Our entrance (41 Second Street) is 1 1/2 blocks on the right.
Note: Coming from the north or northwest, we are also accesible via the #80, the #87, and the #88 bus routes, which will drop
you at Lechmere Station.
For complete details see: www.mbta.com or call MBTA Main Line: 617.222.5000
The EZRide Shuttle EZ Ride is a member supported shuttle that links Cambridge worksites to Kendall Square, North Station and Cambridgeport. It is a private service with access to the public for a fee of $2.00 for adults and $1.00-free for kids. Shuttles, which are wheelchair accessible, depart every 12 minutes in both directions during service hours. Shuttles run from 6:30am to 10am and 3:30pm to 7:30pm. For more information visit the EZ Ride website at www.ezride.info or call 617-8EZ-INFO.
Galleria Shuttle CambridgeSide Galleria offers a free shuttle service between CambridgeSide Galleria, Cambridge Police Department/Binney Street and MBTA Kendall Square T Stop (Red Line) with a stop at Binney and Sixth Street near the Cambridge Police Station. The bus runs every 20 minutes from 9am to 8pm Monday through Saturday and 12pm to 7pm on Sunday.
Click HERE for more details
Affordable Parking & Great Directions just 1 click away!
Multicultural Arts Center
41 Second Street
East Cambridge, MA 02141
We are handicap accessible.
We support diversity through the visual and performing arts events that we present. Because we are a multi-use art center, we make our space available to artists and groups who may not otherwise have access to a professionally equipped and accessible facility or the cultural mainstream.
Our historic Theater is the perfect venue for weddings, corporate events, fundraisers and private parties.
Inside the Multicultural Arts Center
Cambridge Art & Frame
Monday & Friday, 10am-5pm
Saturday, by appointment
Click the image above or HERE to sign up!